About Attorney Geoff Heim
Trusted Criminal Defense Representation in Colorado Springs
"Know your opposition, and the environment within which interaction will occur."--Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Before becoming a criminal defense attorney, I gained years of invaluable experience in aggressive trial practice working as a deputy district attorney for the Offices of the District Attorney in Colorado's Arapahoe, Douglas, El Paso, and Teller Counties. As the Senior Deputy District Attorney in both the Teller and El Paso County offices, I specialized in prosecuting high-profile
homicide cases and crimes against children while simultaneously managing a team of attorneys, investigators, and paralegals.
During my successful run as a prosecutor, I earned the coveted Trial Hound Award on four separate occasions for trying more felony cases than any other attorney in the El Paso County office. These days, defending my clients from the city, county, and state, I know the opposition inside and out, what to expect, and how to counter and defeat the strategies of the prosecution.
Experience You Can Trust!
As part of my commitment to the Colorado Springs community, I served as the Chair of the Board of Directors for both Safe Passage (formerly the
Children's Advocacy Center for the Pikes Peak Region) and the
Western Region Children's Advocacy Center. In 2009,
Safe Passage awarded me the
Captains Award for "Tireless Support and Commitment" to the organization and the victims of child abuse it serves. In 2011, for providing pro bono services to clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities,
ARC of the Pikes Peak Region named me
Professional of the Year.
Not only am I a native Coloradoan, I am a native to Colorado Springs. I attended Cheyenne Mountain High School and earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Finance from the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado before going on to obtain my Juris Doctorate from the Creighton University School of Law.
In my spare time, I love to hang out with my daughter and wife. I am an avid runner, water-skier, and hockey fan. I also play guitar (poorly, but enthusiastically). I have a knowledge of the legal system, a professional and compassionate approach to clients and cases, and a strong connection to the community define my practice.
For legal guidance on your potential criminal defense case, schedule a free initial consultation with my firm today! I encourage you to complete this simple online case evaluation form as soon as possible to get started!
- J.D., Creighton University School of Law; Omaha, NE
- B.S. (Finance), University of Boulder; Boulder, CO, 1990
- Colorado, 1995
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2005
Professional & Bar Association Memberships:
- El Paso County Bar Association
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- "5th Amendment Law", El Paso County Sheriff Training Academy, 2000-2003
- "Domestic Violence Evidence", Colorado Judicial Seminar, 2005
- "The Role of the Defense Attorney", Colorado Springs Police Department, 2006-2007
- "Trial Practice--Cross Examination", training in conjunction with the District Attorney's Office for Junior Deputy District Attorneys and police recruits, on-going
- Children's Advocacy Center, 2002-2007
- Colorado Mock Trial Program, 1997-2003
- Ongoing representation for ARC clients
- Ongoing pro bono work for clients with developmental disabilities.
Past Roles in County Positions:
- El Paso and Teller County District Attorney (4th Judicial District), Deputy D.A., 1996-2003
- Arapahoe and Douglas County District Attorney (18th Judicial District), Deputy D.A. Intern, 1995-1996